International Year of Glass 2022 – English Version
We celebrate in 2022 the essential role glass has and will continue to have in Society
With its unparalleled versatility and technical capabilities, glass in its many guises has fostered innumerable cultural and scientific advancements:
– Glass is the main conduit for information in our knowledge-based society.
– Glass is the chemically resistant container material for many of today’s life-saving medicines
– Bioglass compositions have advanced health care with their ability to: integrate with human bone; stimulate the human body’s natural defense to heal flesh wounds and resolve dental issues.
– Glass sheets support solar cells and give clean energy; glass fibers reduce our carbon footprint by strengthening wind turbine blades, by insulating our homes
– Glass melting is being de-carbonised and glassy products are being safely recycled.
– Glass artists across the globe have given humankind an awareness of this wonderful material able to capture and display nature’s full spectrum of color.
Erlangen: die Glashochbug
Five main research teams are studying Glas in Erlangen. They cover a very bright range of interest from its atomic structure to the fabrication of advance optical fiber, or new ways to modify glass using laser, or the use of glass in medicine and dentistry.
– WW3 – Lehrstuhl für Glas und Keramik
The different actors on Glass in Erlangen and throw out the world will propose you around the year to discover different aspects of this versatile material that is glass
Cool videos on Glass
-Squid Game 1
-Squid Game 2